Thursday, December 02, 2004

Going out, shooting and eating

What did you do tonight? Did you go out and eat dinner? Watch the Simpsons on the TV?
I went out the 25 meter target range and qualified on the M-9 9mm pistol and had a Meal, Ready to Eat (MRE) for dinner. One of the advantages of being in an activated reserve unit is that, many of the members have a diverse background and a few are law enforcement officers. So one of them gave me tips on how to fire a pistol and pointers for tactical situations. Unique to the military is that I qualified in my Nuclear, Biological and Chemical mask and in low light conditions. I did pretty well, I earned the qualification of sharpshooter. So now I can hold my own against the Taliban or the Crips. It was a lot of fun to shoot, so much I might do this in the civilian world-target shooting. Also I drove to the range in a HMMWV on the autobahn. That was fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home