Monday, January 31, 2005

Jump the shark

Afghanistan has jumped the shark or no new is good news unless you are part of the press because of the last election and the lack of action from Anti Coalition Militia. Those two factors spell one thing: a US success. If you use Google news alerts, insert key words such as geographical locations, name of relevant organizations or personalities, you might one press release a day if you are lucky. What does that mean? Nothing worth reporting is going on or cynically thinking, the press has moved on to bloodier and more spectacular subject matters. Captains Quarters see it as a return on investment for reporting. Why spend money on resources when it will not result in selling newspapers or grab eyeballs? Maybe the Olsen twins would make a better lead.

6 Comments:

Blogger blogdollar1 said...

Hi, I like your blog!. I have a blog about used camper shells.
Stop by and check it out sometime at used camper shells

12:05 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Wow, what a great site. I will bookmark this site and return often. It's nice to see sites like this.

Please visit my website and let me know what you think. Disney World

5:35 AM  
Blogger emily said...

I really enjoyed the content on your blog about soldering will be back very frequently! I actually have my own soldering exposed blog with all kinds of stuff in it. You�re welcome to com by

6:53 PM  
Blogger freestuff2 said...

Hey I was just blog surfing amd I found your blog! Looks Great!

I also have a affordable plane ticket
It deals mostly with affordable plane ticket plus other stuff,
You can save up to 50% your next flight!

You should check it out if you get a chance!!

9:52 AM  
Blogger fahrrad.de said...

Vous avez un blog très agréable et je l'aime, je vais placer un lien de retour à lui dans un de mon blogs qui égale votre contenu. Il peut prendre quelques jours mais je ferai besure pour poster un nouveau commentaire avec le lien arrière.

Merci pour est un bon blogger.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Couch Potato said...

Help me Dude, I'm lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw Elvis in the supermarket yesterday.

No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new plasmatv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a plasma tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger then I'm gonna go home and ask Michael Jackson to come round and watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on my new plasma tv .

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home