Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Kobenhavn, classes and Afghan voice

I had a great time in Kobenhavn. My hosts were fun and informative and taught me a little bit about life in Denmark. If you are into bicycles, move to Kobenhavn. It is a bike friendly town and each street has a bicycle lane.

If you are going to eat out bring lots of Danish Kroners. We ate dinner at Amokka, a café and it was good, but expensive. I bought dinner for three adults and one child and it totaled 1042 Danish Kroners or 185 USD or 162 Euros. We did not go crazy, but 25% was sales tax. Now I understand why lots of people eat over at friend’s house, drinks lots of beer or wine, and then go out.

It is nice to go to a city that is pedestrian friendly and it shows in Kobenhavn. Also I saw the changing of the guard at the Royal Palace. It was pretty impressive and the band was good.

There is retail district that has a nice pedestrian street with good stores along and at the end of it has the Round Tower. Go walk the tower to the top to get a good view of the city!

Over all I had a great time. I will post images once I get my camera in the mail since I left it back in Denmark.


Today we were going to have a PT test, but there is snow all over the place, so maybe next week.

The rest of the day was classes on field craft such a calling in a nine line medevac request.


Afghan voice is a web site that I found that has a around up of what is going on in Afghanistan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home