Sunday, March 13, 2005

Classes, posts, coverage, writing, Finns, golf and quote

I just received my transcripts from my undergraduate days, since on my spare time I might teach a class or two to soldiers. I did not graduate with honors, more like with a diploma, but I could teach the basics of mathematics or other humanities and sciences. I tell the troops they need to be enrolled in a correspondence course or be teaching so they will keep busy. Idle minds are the play ground of the devil as old saying goes and I believe it. I don’t want any disciplinary problems, therefore teaching or taking a class is a good way to keep busy and not get depressed over missing your family. Also I tell the enlisted taking a class is a great way of finding out what interest you and may make you a more well-rounded person or put more money on the table when you become a civilian. Last, classes can be converted into promotion points.

If you don’t see any post for a few days continuously, don’t worry I am in transit to the Afghan theater of operations. I will be learning how to sleep on hanger floors.

Here is the Stars and Stripes coverage of the unit’s casing ceremony.

Great writing from Iraq from a soldier.

Guess who is next to send more troops to Afghanistan? The Finns! Maybe they will construct a sauna and bring some Lapin Kulta.

Does this mean that Afghanistan is on the road to being a modern country? The Kabul Golf Club just opened for the second season. Will Tiger Woods be playing there soon?

Quote: His decision is firm as jello.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for your service, Bob. It means a lot to me that people like you are willing to deploy to a foreign land to defend our freedom, and to help get a country back on its feet.

Also, thanks for blogging. I know you're going to be extremely busy in the year ahead, but I know I will appreciate any tidbits of news I can get out of Afghanistan, since the MSM has seen fit to forget about it.

Stay safe, and I'll be anxiously awaiting your return to the blogosphere.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Maggie45 said...

Thank you for your service to our country. I'm looking forward to reading your future posts. You guys are really something. Thanks again.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home