Tuesday, March 01, 2005

DVDs, classes, internet, Canada and quote

I just received a portable DVD player from my brother! Yeah! Also he sent the parts four, five and six of the Star Wars series. The other DVD he sent was Led Zeppelin’s the Song Remains the Same. It is a good concert video from a time when musicianship and talent weighed more than the Hollywood productions of today with lip synching marionettes. Lip synching Robert Plant, that is an oxymoron. More here. I think I might set up an account with Amazon to purchase some CDs or DVDs that are not stocked at the PX. Any suggestions?

Today we had classes on the JSIVA and how to make a barrier with triple concertina wire. Soon I will be walking the wire and making sure it is up to standard.

Here is the GWOT on the internet front from one side. I wonder what the NSA thinks of this.

I have a few cheat sheets with phrases in Pahut and Dari, is there one for Canadian English, eh? Now the Canada is going to send more troops. I wonder if they will be shooters, as in the past or PRTs.

Quote for the day: this coffee taste like ass.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bon said...

LOL I often use your "quotes of the day" as the status message on my yahoo im. Maybe not this one, but I still laughed.

hugs

10:35 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Hmm...suggestions for CDs or DVDs. Well, if you're in to old war movies, two must sees are Patton and Where Eagles Dare. I'm sure you've seen Patton; Where Eagles Dare is an espionage movie set in WWII about a group of Allied commandos that have to storm the "Eagles Nest." Anyway, it has Clint and Richard Burton, features the lines "I thought you loved me!" "I can't help what you think," and has an absolutely bitchin soundtrack.

If you aren't into old war movies, try Napoleon Dynamite. You'll either love it or hate it, but don't judge it until you've watched it at least twice. And then of course, the standards: Office Space, Mall Rats, Clerks, Caddyshack, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

As for CDs, well, my current must listen list includes U2's new one, which is quite excellent. Then there's Miles Davis and the Red Hot Chili Peppers Greatest Hits. Buuut, since you mentioned Led Zeppelin, may I suggest a couple of bands: Blue Oyster Cult, and Kansas. Oh, and if you're looking for something instrumental, try the soundtrack from Pirates of the Caribbean. My entire High School band loves it.

11:52 PM  
Blogger b said...

Bon, I have lots of quotes, but I could not print them. PC they are not.

Mike, I love Clerks! I am scrubbing a list of the top 100 all time and SF movies. Your suggestions are well taken and will be put on the list.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home