Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Hello from KAF

Sorry for not posting anything for the past few weeks. I have been traveling for a few days. I was at Ganci AB,in Manas, Kyrgyzstan while travleing to Afghanistan. Time has blurred by as I sat at the the Departure Processing Center in K-town then over to Rhein Main AFB (news) and waited for a flight out. While waiting, the USO provide coffee, snacks and had a few big screen movies playing. Thanks to the USO! Then I hopped on a MD-111 owned by World Airways. It was a good flight and everybody had a nice seat to stretch out on instead of being crammed on a C-17. World Airways provided good food and non-stop videos, but most of us slept. Before landing we flew over the Ural Mountains and they are spectacular. At night there was a city that was lit up like a spider web floating in a black void with electric yellow string that must have been street lights. It was pretty. Cargo had priority over passengers, so we were waiting a day for a flight to A-stan.

I just went through the RIP/TOA phase of the deployment and it was dicked up. My predecessor was supposed to show me how he did his job for two week. Well I met him for 60 seconds while he was heading to the flight line to hop on his flight to America. Now I am probing the hard drive of his computer, driving around with a map and GPS, doing the grip and grin and briefings.

If the post sounds grammatically wrong, I am just doing 12 hours days with PT or going out of the wire. Fun shit. Don’t be a nit picker.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chevy Rose said...

No nit pickin' here, Soldier. Press on. And God bless.

3:53 AM  
Blogger Special Forces Alpha Geek said...

I hope you managed to sneak into downtown Manas for a few hours. Good Luck and Godspeed!

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home