Monday, April 11, 2005

Lunch, news and quote.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I used to complain about the army food years ago. Remember the good old green eggs and ham in a can from the c-rats? Skim the grease off the tuna? Doesn’t that bring back fond memories? This ain’t our daddy’s army now and it shows in the DFAC. One reason is that Kellogg, Brown and Root(KBR) has the contract for food now, there are no army cooks in the DFAC. Other day, I had veal and lasagna for lunch and lobster and crab legs for dinner. Think of very good or first class airline food. Here is an image of curry chicken (for our British allies) and cordon bleu that I had for lunch yesterday. I know it is not as good at the Forward Operating Bases (FOBs), but what do you want when you are out in the sticks?

Also this post is to test out my ability to post images. Image shack will not load properly, so I am giving photbucket a try.

News for this week in Afghanistan.

Quote: I am just the mouth piece and he is the figure head.

2 Comments:

Blogger CaliValleyGirl said...

I keep on hearing about the food there, so it's great to see pics too. Apparently, you also have cookies that would give Mrs. Field's a run for her money...oh, the perks of being deployed...;-)

12:15 PM  
Blogger Chevy Rose said...

What's those two black spots on that yellow thing? Otherwise, it looks good enough to eat...yum.

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home