Sunday, May 22, 2005

Running, Jingle truck

Sometime when I have a spare hour I will run early in the morning or early evening. I used to run a lot, but running here offers many special challenges that I would not encounter back home. Since there are no paved roads or sidewalks here, you share them with John Deere Gators, Humvees, Jingle trucks, construction equipments and other vehicles. So you are sucking a lung full of dust. If you stray off the roads you can end up in a minefield and that is not good for your health. Also since none of the roads are paved they are covered with gravel. Not the small stuff, but big rocks, the size of golf balls. With the small rocks or big gravel I have to be careful not to sprain ankle or go on profile for a week in the sick, lame and lazy section. Now I am learning to love the treadmills now.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

6 Comments:

Blogger bavikati said...

This how my car is going to look when I'm done with it : )

2:56 PM  
Blogger Smartypants said...

Enjoyed your blog! I'm adding it to my Favorites. I have friends from college in the Army (I went to Texas A&M) so I think about y'all a lot.

While you and I probably disagree on some things politically, please know that I'm behind you. Be safe!

12:21 AM  
Blogger Chevy Rose said...

Ok, I'm beginning to worry. Check in please. Today is Sunday, June 12th.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Ditto Chevy Rose...

11:04 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Great blog, keep up the good work. Glad to see sites like this.

Here is another good site I said I would pass along.
Free Satellite
Thanks

4:50 AM  
Blogger Best Buy said...

Great stuff on macgregor golf equipment and I even bookmarked you! Of course I do have a similar page about macgregor golf equipment

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home