Sunday, June 26, 2005

Memory, Russian vehciles or irony and quote

What do you have around your neck? When I joined the army years ago, it used to be a set of dogs tags on a chain. Now I have my dog tags with three memory sticks to told official and personal information such images from my from my wife. The other two memory sticks carry power point presentations, standard operating procedures and other army information. The one of the more interesting facts is the two of the memory sticks each has two gigs of memory. When I was a young, 64k of memory was a lot and I stored applications on cassette tape. Now I have short movies stored five gigs of memory. In a few years this shall be dwarfed.


Here are some images of vehicles that were donated by Russia to Afghanistan.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Russians paint a reminder on each vehicle.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A few soldiers wonder why these vehicles were not torched, since the last time the Russians were here was not under the best conditions.

Quote: When you run out a whooa, call an air strike.

4 Comments:

Blogger CaliValleyGirl said...

I think it's amazing what leaps and bounds technology has made. I bought a digicam in 2000: it came with a 2MB memory card, and I spent about another 1/3 of the price of the camera for a 32MB memory card. Not to mention that the camera was a 1.3 Megapixel cam...just laughable now. And something that is completely laughable is when you remember why a Commodore 64 was called a Commordore 64, which is I guess the 64k of memory that you refer to in the post.

8:39 PM  
Blogger Ellen said...

That's interesting. Have you seen any of the old Russian helicopters?

7:46 PM  
Blogger helix168 said...

Even better: I've got a memory stick that I've put through the laundry twice and is still working. ;)

3:07 AM  
Blogger bavikati said...

The Afghans probably realize that these vehicles will eventually catch fire and burn up by themselves. Did they send any east german Trabants? Seriously, have you seen any of the old MIL-24's on the airbase?

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home